2 Line Pass: Quick thoughts on Pronger, Kaleta, Shootouts and more
- Chris Pronger : I just want to wish him all the best as he continues to recover from post concussion syndrome. If I could build a team around one defenseman from the past 20 years, it would be him- an absolute warrior who competed harder than anyone.
- Patrick Kaleta: On the other end of the spectrum, I have absolutely no use for you. Your blatant cheap shot on Brad Richards was a disgrace and much more dangerous than the hit that left a Swiss player paralyzed the same week.
- Shootouts: There is nothing wrong with having ties in hockey. Increase 4 on 4 Overtime to 10 minutes and end it, no need for an individual skills competition to decide a team sport.
- Alexander Ovechkin: It may be time for a change of scenery, it happens in sports. It's definitely time to stop trying to find reasons to rip him during every shift Mike Milbury, you're the guy who is paying Alexei Yashin's rent until 2045.
- Jarome Iginla: I hate to say it, but its time to leave Calgary. You have been pure class your whole career and deserve to have your chance to raise the Cup.
- Chicago Blackhawks: Record setting streak now followed by two straight losses. Don't worry band wagon jumpers, they're still a great team and barring an Ottawa Senator injury plague, they will be in the mix to win the Cup.
- Take the "C" from "G": There is no bigger fan of Claude Giroux than me, but people don't understand the added pressure of being an NHL captain. Its not for every superstar, and I could be way off on this, but I think he would be scoring me a lot more fantasy points without it.
- Visors: Since I don't play in the NHL, who am I to tell the guys who are what they should do. They have seen the damage that can happen with them and without them, let them make their own decisions.
- Nazem Kadri: He should be a Masterton nominee for putting up with all the crap he has taken since he was drafted by the Leafs, and now emerging as one of the elite scorers in the league. Not an easy thing to do in that market.
- Ryan Getzlaf: Big bucks for the mightiest Duck of all. He has regained form this year, but now they will struggle to keep Corey Perry or get a good return for the former Hart winner.
Follow me on Twitter @TheRealJay77